Circuit Networks and requester chests.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Purplekief
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Circuit Networks and requester chests.

Post by Purplekief »

For the past week I've been burning my brain out on something I'd like to be done but I can't think of a way to do it.

NOTE: This is done in a seperate logistics network.

I'd like to have trains come to a station, drop off it's load in regular steel boxes. I'll then have requester chests and logistic bots move the items to the correct place. Now this is the part which I can't figure out.
I hate it if bots are just constantly flying everywhere, it causes me great discomfort for some reason lol. I'd like to have the requesters set up in a way so that bots are not constantly flying to them and adding items to them.

I was thinking of adding another buffer chest inbetween the requester and assembly machine which will only pull items from the requester chest IF certain conditions are met but I just can't really figure it out.

TL:DR I want bots to bring a big load to a req chest (ex 1k) and only bring in new items once the value in the req chest has gone down to 100.

Hope anyone has any insight on this, I'd appreciate it greatly.
Thank you.

Return to “Gameplay Help”