Counter reset won't work

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Counter reset won't work

Post by Escadin »

I want to reset a counter after it counted to "a". Here is my setup:
Pciture
Counter and it's input are set up to work with "S" as signal. The rest of the logic (resets, etc.) handles "each" in order to prevent noise.

But it doesn't work and I don't see why. The data taps are supposed to capture the output of each combinator so I can track the calculation. The problem they reveal: the decider combinator already gives a wrong signal right from the start.
Instead of the counter's value it relays 3 times that value for some unfathomable reason. :/

Been trying to debug this for hours now. I've already changed "x>a" to "x==a". No difference. The funny thing, my pulse generator to the right uses a counter reset as well which is hardwired to substract exactly "a" from the signal once triggered. If I copy the design to the left and let it run again it produces only different errors and still doesn't work as intended.

What the hell is going on?

--------------

There is also another problem I didn't find a solution for yet: How to relay a by default continous signal as just one pulse? I want to keep the continous signal, but some circuit should only recieve a single pulse. Is that possible?
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Counter reset won't work

Post by Jap2.0 »

Can you post a blueprint string so we can test it out and see the specifics please?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Counter reset won't work

Post by Escadin »

Blue Print
Yes, of course. This should do it.
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

Return to “Gameplay Help”