Help with train stops and the logistic network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Omarflyjoemacky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Help with train stops and the logistic network

Post by Omarflyjoemacky »

Hello all

I've gone and set up a robot based unloading station for my trains. As it stands now, trains pull up, inserters unload into active provider chests and the contents are moved into nearby logistic chests.

However, the trains will keep doing this forever (or until I run out of ore...). What I'm having trouble with is getting trains to read the logistic network and say "hey - there is a million iron ore. I can stop for a while".

Is there an easy way to setup this network? I'm familiar with inserter circiuts and chests (don't load if over 50, for example). Can this be done with trains? If over a million trains will stop but if under a million then trains turn back on...

Ideal would be if ore > 1000,000 then go park at station "wherever" till ore < 500,000. Then the train (or trains) can startup again.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
"And then Bender ran."

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Help with train stops and the logistic network

Post by DaveMcW »

Use a colored wire to connect the train station to a roboport. Set the train to leave on "Circuit: Iron ore < 500000".

Omarflyjoemacky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

DaveMcW wrote:Use a colored wire to connect the train station to a roboport. Set the train to leave on "Circuit: Iron ore < 500000".
Thank you! I was hooking the wire to a logistic chest. I'll give it a shot.
"And then Bender ran."

Omarflyjoemacky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

DaveMcW wrote:Use a colored wire to connect the train station to a roboport. Set the train to leave on "Circuit: Iron ore < 500000".
Works beautifully.

Thanks again.
"And then Bender ran."

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Actually you should better make a pre-unload stacker with stations where ore trains will stop before getting to unload station. And in that station you would set up leave condition like Copper Ore < 10000 or whatever.
This will effectively stop trains from moving invane and they will just sit on the stacker until resources are required.

Bimme
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bimme »

PacifyerGrey wrote:set up leave condition like Copper Ore < 10000 or whatever.
This will effectively stop trains from moving invane and they will just sit on the stacker until resources are required.
What will happen if all his trains has less than
Copper Ore < 10000 or whatever.
Will all his trains then just sit idle?

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Bimme wrote:
PacifyerGrey wrote:set up leave condition like Copper Ore < 10000 or whatever.
What will happen if all his trains has less than
Copper Ore < 10000 or whatever.
Will all his trains then just sit idle?
This condition bases on the BASE inventory and not train's. So if base has >10000 resources all trains have to sit idle. When base spends resources the signal triggers trains to come in.

Return to “Gameplay Help”