Can anyone spot the cause of my issue

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Can anyone spot the cause of my issue

Post by Velox »

Firstly, I have quite a few hours on Factorio (1300 ish) so i'm no greenhorn, but I'm struggling to see what i'm doing wrong here or whats happening. I'm on the beta branch and I haven't noticed this behaviour before so i'm wondering if it could be a recently introduced bug but I hesitate posting it there in case i'm being dumb. I've checked the bug forum though and can't see anything about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1133310957

I'm hoping the above screenshot conveys everything I need it to which are these points:

- There is damage to the walls (bottom left edge)
- There are free construction bots in the bot network
- There are repair packs loaded into the bot network
- The game tells me that three walls are missing repair packs
- The walls (or anything damaged) do not get repaired (but I do have a work around - see below.)

This network is separate from the main network. I have a total of 4 separate bot networks on this map and this is a smaller one containing just an oil field and copper mine.

I have also noticed that if I dump a storage chest down and put repair packs in it, that the bots in the network will happily take packs from that chest and make the repairs but not from in the roboport which is often where I dump them so that they don't immediately get put back onto my person when I have logistic robots running. So my question is, am I doing something dumb, or have the mechanics changed so they ignore repair packs in roboports or could this be a bug?

Thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can anyone spot the cause of my issue

Post by Loewchen »

As the screenshot shows, there are no repair packs available for the construction bots that would be available. Put repair packs in provider or logistic chests.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Bots can take repair packs from passive provider/storage/active provider chests or from inside their own roboport. The slots inside their own roboports are for partially-used or extra repair packs, which can then only be used by that roboport (without intervention). It doesn't make the most sense, but put some into passive providers and it'll work.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

Loewchen wrote:As the screenshot shows, there are no repair packs available for the construction bots that would be available. Put repair packs in provider or logistic chests.
Where are you seeing that then? I was reading it as 31 packs available but...
Jap2.0 wrote:Bots can take repair packs from passive provider/storage/active provider chests or from inside their own roboport. The slots inside their own roboports are for partially-used or extra repair packs, which can then only be used by that roboport (without intervention). It doesn't make the most sense, but put some into passive providers and it'll work.
Woooaaa I did not know that! I thought that adding packs to Roboports was essentially adding it to the entire bot network but it does make sense now. So they'll presumably grab from their own roboport first then go to a chest if not available in the 'port? So strange that I haven't seen this behaviour before but don't disbelieve you at all. I was genuinely thinking it was a new bug! Cheers both.

Return to “Gameplay Help”