Robot looping issue for storage

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
johnnufc94
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Robot looping issue for storage

Post by johnnufc94 »

Hey!

I'm having an issue with a logistics network set up I have, trying to make everything robot orientated.

I have the separate foundries cooking the delicious metals to then transport to a 'central hub'. This is where the problem starts. Because I use the distance limit of the roboports as boundries to prevent robots leaving one section to another, and instead have them port the materials to the edge of the roboport proximity to a chest, which then gets a stack inserter to stack it into another roboport's proximity to store in the central hub. I've done this with Copper, Steel and Iron. So because of the multiple resources in one place, I can't just "Storage chest" it because it's just stack randomly and floods with the excess resource, leaving no space for the other two resources.

My attempt was to have requester chests that request a certain amount, to then inserter them into a passive provider. But when I do this, it creates a robot loop where they go from the active back to the requester with what the inserter previously moved the other way..

I've tried conditioning the inserter with both the passive and requester but can't figure out how to get the passive provider fully stocked without the robots having a feed loop issue.

Any ideas?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Robot looping issue for storage

Post by Jap2.0 »

They are adding a logistic buffer chest (FFF #103) in 0.16, which solves your exact problem :). I believe there are some complicated solutions somewhere. I don't remember the exact specifics, but it invloves having a non-logistics chest between the requeseter and the provider.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Gameplay Help”