White light flashes on map

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

White light flashes on map

Post by Hogweed »

I keep seeing a square on the map light up for a few seconds. This occurs outside the radar areas, and mostly around biter bases. What does that signify? Does that mean a new base is being created? Or a biter has been born? Seems to happen too often to be a new base, I am very curious as to what that means.
I searched for a answer to this, and could not find any explanation.

Thanks!

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: White light flashes on map

Post by steinio »

It's a scanned chunk from radar.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Radar has a continuous area coverage (the part around it you can always see, and can zoom in on the map to real world view), but the radar scans at a much further distance - albeit very slowly, one chunk at a time. Every thime such a chunk is scanned, it flashes bright, before fading back into fog of war.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

Ahh, so it will scan pretty far from the range that I can see? Does it update just in the squares that it happens? It did it over a base, but I didnt see any of the biters, which I would think I could have, if it was scanned? Or will it only show the location of newly established bases?

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

The flashes is when it updates that area, it will loop over all areas slowly over time.
This means that there maybe are biters hiding in a fresh base if the base has not yet been updated by the radar.
more radars update faster.
the players Active area will also update in the same way.
if you dont see biters in a base they are probebly there but are so Close to the base that they become the same red spot

Return to “Gameplay Help”