Request Full yellow belt of electric mining drills

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
D1ze20
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Request Full yellow belt of electric mining drills

Post by D1ze20 »

Im working on a Project and i need full yellow belt of electric mining drills, desing has gotten me headache so i need help

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Request Full yellow belt of electric mining drills

Post by Frightning »

Are you wanting a factory block that can produce that? Or just a source of that (e.g. using a loader/cheats).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

1 : Lay a yellow belt

2 : Add mining drills on both sides, output facing towards belt

3 : add power poles to power that on both sides (pro tip : they work better if connected to a power source).

4 : Add drills and power poles until your output belt is full.

You're welcome :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

You mean something like this:
mining drills.jpg
mining drills.jpg (680.08 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

Be aware that the mining drill needs 20x iron plates (the iron needed for the 3 full belts of green board are not taken into account). Hence, you will need 20 full belts of iron plates input (of which you convert 50% into gears) for 1 full belt of mining drills.

I believe that you cannot place 13.3 drills per second -- even with bots this would be a real challenge... Hence, this question relates to blue science.
Do you really want 2 full belts of blue science?
That would be a mega base. You should use productivity and speed (beacon) modules. And you need buffer chests (wooden boxed, not the newly discussed ones) to handle the transfer rate into the assembly machine. Figure the details out yourself. This is what factorio is about!

D1ze20
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by D1ze20 »

Bauer wrote:Be aware that the mining drill needs 20x iron plates (the iron needed for the 3 full belts of green board are not taken into account). Hence, you will need 20 full belts of iron plates input (of which you convert 50% into gears) for 1 full belt of mining drills.

I believe that you cannot place 13.3 drills per second -- even with bots this would be a real challenge... Hence, this question relates to blue science.
Do you really want 2 full belts of blue science?
That would be a mega base. You should use productivity and speed (beacon) modules. And you need buffer chests (wooden boxed, not the newly discussed ones) to handle the transfer rate into the assembly machine. Figure the details out yourself. This is what factorio is about!
Yea, i was going for megabase with bit of twist, yellow belts only and sience production of full belt, it turned out to be just lagfest, after i got production sience going i was starting to see how impossible it would be without bots

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

I have the same question, but I don't have a specific output goal. I just want a good beaconed design for making mining drills, assuming green circuits and iron plates as input.

The belt routing is making my head hurt.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

I guess we had the same idea (yellow belt of each science pack, no bots).

For mining drills, I make the gears separately from the drills itself:

2 blue belts of gears from 4 belts of iron.

Drills:

1 yellow belt of drills from 1 blue + 1 red belt of gears and 3 blue + 1 red of iron (3+1 yellow would also be enough)
helmod
blue setup

Return to “Gameplay Help”