Something wrong with my plastic setup...

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
moredrowsy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Something wrong with my plastic setup...

Post by moredrowsy »

I was planning to build two rows of plastics chem factories. But for some reason, the petro doesn't travel past the first two chem factories. The the first two chem factories on the right side of the set up works but the rest on the left side just doesn't receive petro. I doubled checked and triple checked all the pipe connects in the chem factories and they are connected. The petro tank has around 600 units. Is it too low to pipe through it?

I attached a screenshot of my setup. Thank you!
Attachments
Plastic set up
Plastic set up
What-is-wrong-with-this-plastic-setup.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 1634 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Something wrong with my plastic setup...

Post by Loewchen »

You simply don't have enough gas as you already suspected.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I don't know if you realize that with your 16 chem plants, you could feed 96 assembling machine 3s (or 160 AM2) producing advanced circuits. That's like ... quite a big number :)
And they need 440 petroleum gas by second to go full.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Koub wrote:I don't know if you realize that with your 16 chem plants, you could feed 96 assembling machine 3s (or 160 AM2) producing advanced circuits. That's like ... quite a big number :)
And they need 440 petroleum gas by second to go full.
Yea, my 7k plates/min kilobase got by on 2 out of it's 3 Plastic plants most of the time (granted they were 4x speed beaconed and prod moduled, but that was still only about 630 plastic/min, and quite a bit of what that base was making was Red circuit intensive...e.g. modules).

Return to “Gameplay Help”