Stuck in "Explore-Map-Command" Help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
FreakySocialGuy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Stuck in "Explore-Map-Command" Help

Post by FreakySocialGuy »

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

I played about 80 hours on an savegame (Singleplayer-world) since 0.15 was released, a few days ago i tried some console commands because i was curious how it works and whats possible.

I kinda pushed the limit of my RAM because i entered following command "/c local radius = 20000; game.player.force.chart(game.player.surface, {{game.player.position.x - radius, game.player.position.y - radius}, {game.player.position.x + radius, game.player.position.y + radius}})", i don't get how i make the game to stop scanning the entire world, Google didn't made me any wiser. I did not saved the world before i did that and there is no Quicksave before the Fiasko happened.

I tried to unexplore the Map with following command "/c game.player.force.clear_chart()" but it keeps scanning, it reaches almost 15 Gigabyte out of 16 RAM and its definetely noticeable, because my whole Computer drives me nuts, superslow because he is fully occupied, it makes the "already explored" World black on the map, even my Base with radar-couverage is pitchblack but it keeps on scanning and claims even more RAM.

No matter what, it keeps on scanning. Yet i tried to restart the game multiple times, restarts PC in between, the command i explained above, and removed the gamefiles and put them back into the folder.

My intention was to explore the world without need to repair my tank after every 2 to 3 alien bases and driving arround hours and hours, i just extremely overdone it and underrated the "20.000" was a bit too much.

If there is any way to delete map progress in a particular range/distance away, make the scanning stop to let me play smooth and quick please let me know.
It would not be the end of the world for me if there is no solution, but it would be a shame for the invested time became a part of the virtual trashbin.

Thanks for any advises, suggestions and sulotions.

vortex1967
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Stuck in "Explore-Map-Command" Help

Post by vortex1967 »

Hello FreakySocialGuy,

I'm not into the command stuff in Factorio but I do have a basic understanding of Lua.
You could try to run the command again but instead of specifying local radius as 20000 specify a low number like 2.
It might take a few seconds or even a few minutes for the previous command to cancel.(your asking Factorio to do a lot.)
If it works and stops charting, run the clear_chart command to clear what has been charted.(The clear_chart command I think only clears the area that has been charted, not cancel the charting command.)
If you want to still have a charted area run the charting command but with a lot smaller number and work your way up.

I hope this helps.

If this doesn't work, sorry I couldn't help.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

I have even less of an understanding, but are you sure that would cancel the command? It seems to me that it would queue it up after the first command.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

vortex1967
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vortex1967 »

Have just tested and the second command to chart with a smaller radius runs without cancelling the first.
Commands are run as they are entered.
Have looked through the Lua API's for Factorio and there appears to be no ability to cancel the chart
command once it has been started.

Return to “Gameplay Help”