Big Electric Pole

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Big Electric Pole

Post by rorror »

Hi,

Might be a dumb question. but how many connections does a Big electric pole has?
I ask this because i sometimes have issues with connecting a steel powerpole to an big electric pole, it just won't connect, but making a small steel power line to an other big electric pole does work.

So can someone explain why this would accur?

https://wiki.factorio.com/Big_electric_pole found no relevent information here.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Big Electric Pole

Post by vanatteveldt »

There is no limit to the amount of connections between poles. If the medium and large poles are close enough they will connect.

However, the game does not always draw all connections because it would be incredibly ugly: if poles A and B are connected and you place a new pole C that can connect to both A and B, it will only show one of the two connections. However, if it connected to e.g. pole A and you then remove pole A, it will draw the direct connection C->B. In other words: it's possible that it does actually connect, but not show so graphically because there is already a close indirect connection.

If this is not the case, please post a screenshot of where it doesn't want to connect

(Note that this is gameplay help, not technical help)

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Moved from Technical Help.

As far as I can remember all the electric poles can have up to 5 connections to other poles, independent of if it's a small, medium, big electric pole or a substation.
So you might want to check if one the poles that doesn't to connect already has 5 connections.
Former moderator.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Kajanor wrote: As far as I can remember all the electric poles can have up to 5 connections to other poles, independent of if it's a small, medium, big electric pole or a substation.
So you might want to check if one the poles that doesn't to connect already has 5 connections.
Interesting, I didn't know this! I guess it almost never occurs in a real game that a pole has/needs that many connections... You learn something new every day...
demo

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Well tnx guys for al the input! Tought something like a max of connection was going on.

Would it be something to add this on the wiki, a detail like this should be on there. (thats why i looked there first)

Return to “Gameplay Help”