1st Steam Engine not starting up

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

1st Steam Engine not starting up

Post by swasko »

Hi, i have a very basic question: have built my first steam engine with i think proper setup: pump, followed by an overkill of boilers, then the steam engine connected and then 2 more pipes leaving the engine. I see that the water at this very end (so exiting the steam enging is 100%) but still my steam engine has the flickering 'no electricty' symbol over it. Am i overlooking something???

I've did some reasearch on wikis & the forum but did not find any help.

Tnax in advance

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 1st Steam Engine not starting up

Post by Calico »

Welcome!

Did you connect the cable to anything that actually uses power?
And did you put some coal into one boiler to start it up? (actually forget that one, you're usind burner inserters i see)

edit: Also you might wanna switch to electric Inserters (to decrease pollution mainly).

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

As Calico said, it looks like you haven't got anything that uses electricity.

btw, a single offshore pump can sustain 14 boilers and 10 steam engines, there is no point in doing the overkill as you say. :)

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

heh, just earlier today I said
the power sign on newly placed steam engines that are powered but not connected should be removed. It drove Nerd^3 crazy, and I'm pretty sure he's not the first
here. Guess I was right ;)

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

I could be wrong but im pretty sure the water is just flowing through the middle without going through the boilers. If that's so, remove all the middle pieces except the one going into the steam engines and the one coming from the pump

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Sander Buruma wrote:I could be wrong but im pretty sure the water is just flowing through the middle without going through the boilers. If that's so, remove all the middle pieces except the one going into the steam engines and the one coming from the pump
Temp is 100 so is going through the boilers. Saying that, your idea would actually be better than his current design. ;)

swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swasko »

Tnx, it was indeed simply that i did not connect a electricity using oobject to it... Feels pretty stupid now. Tnx for the help!

Return to “Gameplay Help”