Reading values on the circuit network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hydro Engineer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Reading values on the circuit network

Post by Hydro Engineer »

Is there a way to read the values in different parts of a circuit network? I need to debug my circuit network and see why it isn't working
Hydro Engineer

"I think ...therefore I'm confused"

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Reading values on the circuit network

Post by DaveMcW »

The easiest way is to attach wires to an electric pole.

If the values are changing too fast, try:

Code: Select all

/c game.speed = 0.01

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Hydro Engineer wrote:Is there a way to read the values in different parts of a circuit network? I need to debug my circuit network and see why it isn't working
You can mouse over electric pole through which your wires go. There you will see all signals in the bottom right tooltip.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

It would be nice if everything connected to a wire would show the signals it receives (and sends if it does so).

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

mrvn wrote:It would be nice if everything connected to a wire would show the signals it receives (and sends if it does so).
For example Combitator can have 2 inputs and 2 outputs. You just can't fit all of this in a single tooltip. It will be like old style logistic network hint but multiplied by 4 (2 colors, input/output).
This is why you can only see this where signals are singular. You can still differ green/red signals by icon background. This is already invaluable feature and lets you debug stuff.
Entities other from poles have enough info in their tooltips already so adding circuit network data will only confuse.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Strange that you bring up combinators as example with too much info. Because they do show the input and output signals.

Return to “Gameplay Help”