Train stuck by priority ?!?!

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Train stuck by priority ?!?!

Post by Sonik-HSC »

My Strain keeps stucking at same place because train 1 wants advance in 1st because he have done unloading at that train stop but train 2 have done to unload in 1st place.....
There is no more trains working at entire track, every train stop in my game have is own train !!!! there in no two trains going at same stop.
If i delete train one , the train two keeps the journey and If i delete train two , the train one keeps the journey.

In Picture "pic two" if i delet that signal that train 2 advance and get stuck in next signal " Pic four" !!!! and the train one don't move more and that signal in "pic two" is to prevent the trains crash....

Do you need my save game?

I dont find any log file!
Attachments
train 2 train have advance because i delet the signal in "pic 2 and pic 3"
train 2 train have advance because i delet the signal in "pic 2 and pic 3"
Small pic 4.png (3.99 MiB) Viewed 2841 times
train 2 this signal is here to prevent trains crash
train 2 this signal is here to prevent trains crash
Small pic 3.png (4.12 MiB) Viewed 2841 times
train 2
train 2
Small Pic 2.png (3.95 MiB) Viewed 2841 times
train 1
train 1
Small Pic 1.png (4.34 MiB) Viewed 2841 times
all trains
all trains
Big Picture.png (3.62 MiB) Viewed 2841 times

CureSafaia
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Train stuck by priority ?!?!

Post by CureSafaia »

I believe the signal right in front of your train in pic 4 is blocked by your other train because a section is not limited to connected rails but also concern crossing rails.

You simply need to put a signal right in the back of both your trains' working position to prevent this.
This game is awesome

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report but it looks like you're actually missing a signal between the rails which is making the top train block the bottom train.

Have you tried the in-game signal tutorials? They may help.

Since this isn't actually bugged but it looks like you might need some signaling help I'm going to move this to gameplay help.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report but it looks like you're actually missing a signal between the rails which is making the top train block the bottom train.

Since this isn't actually bugged but it looks like you might need some signaling help I'm going to move this to gameplay help.
Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report but it looks like you're actually missing a signal between the rails which is making the top train block the bottom train.

Im feeling stupid... ;-) Just 2 signals before enter in both stations solved problem.

But how to explane the 2 train goes to very different places and get stucked that shouldn't happen is almost in a road you are in front on me in a red light ( me at your rear ) and you whating for me to pass you...!!! and at end you go to right and me to the left because of that i haven´t considering put signal at enters in both stations!

RoddyVR
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RoddyVR »

train 1 cant go forward cause train 2 is in the next block. this makes sense to you right?

but train 2 cant go forward because train 1 is actualy in the block that makes the intersection. there are no signals at all between the intersection and the top station where train 1 is parked.
what you need is a signal on the exit of the intersection going north. then the intesection will be a seperate block of rail in the game's mind, and will behave like you expect it to.

for the game right now, all the signals going into the intersection are red because they see the rails going north to the station as part of the intersection.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

I am pointing out your mistake on your picture
You are missing north exit signal on this intersection (marked red) making the whole intersection and the way up north a single block (marked cyan) effectively preventing any trains from entering this block when a distant train (north west) is still on the block.
Small pic 3.png
Small pic 3.png (4.61 MiB) Viewed 2796 times
I would give you several advices for future reference.
1. Avoid placing rails that close to each other. Make a space between lines. Sometimes lines will "touch" each other making you confused why a problem occurs.
2. Place normal signals periodically along the tracks. This will help you avoid too large blocks and will help you negate simple mistakes like this one.
3. As a common rule every intersection has to get signals on every in and out. Look at signals like they are scissors which cut your tracks. You have to isolate every block that can be occupied by a single train only at a time. Over time you will get understanding what a deadlock is and will use chain signals to avoid those.

Also on your picture a train is stopped at a chain signal which precedes the intersection by a big margin. This use of chain signal is incorrect. Instead you should use a chain signal right before intersection (where you have placed normal one by mistake) followed by normal signal AFTER the intersection. This is done to prevent train from entering intersection without clear way out of it to prevent it from locking intersection for other trains. Chain signals behave exactly like normal ones with the added feature that they also go red if next normal signal is red. Train path is relevant here so if a train can go one way and can't go another way a signal becomes "blue" which effectively means red in one direction and green in another.

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

To every one who have posted here to help-me...!!!! A big and huge thanks... ;-)
PacifyerGrey wrote:I am pointing out your mistake on your picture
You are missing north exit signal on this intersection (marked red) making the whole intersection and the way up north a single block (marked cyan) effectively preventing any trains from entering this block when a distant train (north west) is still on the block.
Small pic 3.png
I would give you several advices for future reference.
1. Avoid placing rails that close to each other. Make a space between lines. Sometimes lines will "touch" each other making you confused why a problem occurs.
2. Place normal signals periodically along the tracks. This will help you avoid too large blocks and will help you negate simple mistakes like this one.
3. As a common rule every intersection has to get signals on every in and out. Look at signals like they are scissors which cut your tracks. You have to isolate every block that can be occupied by a single train only at a time. Over time you will get understanding what a deadlock is and will use chain signals to avoid those.

Also on your picture a train is stopped at a chain signal which precedes the intersection by a big margin. This use of chain signal is incorrect. Instead you should use a chain signal right before intersection (where you have placed normal one by mistake) followed by normal signal AFTER the intersection. This is done to prevent train from entering intersection without clear way out of it to prevent it from locking intersection for other trains. Chain signals behave exactly like normal ones with the added feature that they also go red if next normal signal is red. Train path is relevant here so if a train can go one way and can't go another way a signal becomes "blue" which effectively means red in one direction and green in another.

I have tried both, an normal signal and a chain signal in the red circle ( one at time ) and works... te train´s start working... ;-) Thank you and every one for time lost with me!!! ;-)

Return to “Gameplay Help”