fluid transporting short distance

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

fluid transporting short distance

Post by BLuehasia »

transporting fluid like petroleum a short distance maybe 100-200 pipe segments away seem to really bog down the flow. i have one of bobs mod that adds more pipes(no tungsten pipes though)

im just having issues trying to get good flow of petroleum to some tanks that are are100-200 pipe segments away my tanks at the refinery are all full but the tanks were i store the fluid at the train stops to unload on to tanker trains get such a slow fill rate, the pipes there say about 10 pressure there but its 100 pressure at the refinery storage tanks. i have ran 4 separate pipes all with pumps trying to speed up the flow but it still doesn't seem to get any faster

is there a trick im missing to sending fluids over 50 segments away?
this screenshot example is one of my shorter distance that has bad flow problems also
https://prnt.sc/fjaqn0

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: fluid transporting short distance

Post by Engimage »

You need to use pumps. But be aware - pumps can't "pull" liquid from pipes. They should push liquid directly from tanks (with no pipes between tank and pump, only direct connection).
Btw on your picture its nowhere near 100 segments. Fyi underground pipe while having substantial length still counts for 2 segments total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

From what I know, the only thing to do is to use pumps at the source, and every now and then.
You can also transmit it by barrels on a belt. You'd be surprised the throughput you could achieve with the correct setup.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

ok ill try pumps at source now, i always thought it didn't matter

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

putting pumps at the source did not change the pressure input at the end side for my longer distance tanks

i circled in green on right the source tanks, on left is the end tanks i want to fill
https://prnt.sc/fjdsmv

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

What sort of liquid throughput are you expecting? Generally speaking, if you're hoping for more than 1000 liquid/second, you'll want to start considering multiple pipes in parallel with each other.

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

i have two pipes each with their own outputs and inputs into storage tank on each end, but the final destination says it has 10 or 0 pressure and it fills so slow

Return to “Gameplay Help”