Belt contents

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wallE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Belt contents

Post by wallE »

Hi!

I'm sure i'm missing something and search didn't help either so ...

is there a way to find out what actually IS on a belt piece (under the cursor)? Clicking on it just tells what kind of belt it is.

Problem: I'm trying Bob's & Angel's and there are so many new (at least to me) items all getting bussed around. More and even more often i can't tell where i had (eg) solder or tinned cables because i can't find them visually. So i have to grab some items from the belt and look in my inventory what it was.

Suggestion:
When you click on some belt piece it not only tells what kind of belt it is but also the items it currently has on it (either updated in realtime or just at the moment you clicked). Count of items is irrelevant in the first run.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Belt contents

Post by Shokubai »

Unfortunately there isn't a tooltip that tells you what you are hovering over on a belt. Generally I would Hoover it up (Hold down F) and see what it is.

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

The best you can do is connect a wire to the belt and to a nearby power pole. Then you can hover your mouse over power pole to read the belt contents.

Very intuitive, I know. :-)

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

Doesn't the game already give you the information for what's on a belt-piece? I've got this info showing up for me right now, on some belt I placed to test this.
belt.png
belt.png (342.66 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Last edited by AileTheAlien on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Yep, but you don't get the name of the itams, only their icon.
And for Transport Belt, it's only the name of the item your mouse hvers above, not what's on the item.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”