Train keeps getting destroyed :(

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
bluelionpiper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train keeps getting destroyed :(

Post by bluelionpiper »

so I'm playing the 0.15.x in Steam and I love love love the nuclear power. What a pain to get started, but well worth the effort! anyway I'm looking for more u-ore and I did find some a good deal away from my main factory... in fact it's nowhere near anything of mine. Trains to the rescue! well... when they are running they are great, but biters keeping building nests near the tracks which means they tend to 'hang out' on the tracks. When the train comes by, it hits them and sometimes comes to a stop and then the biters have their way with the lead locomotive until it's no more. Is there some way to automate keeping the tracks clear so my train doesn't stop in the middle of BFE? I was think of a military rail car or something other than walling off the whole train route and then lining it with turrets. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Train keeps getting destroyed :(

Post by Shokubai »

I agree. I am not happy with the solution of "build a big wall around everything".

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

If you're ok with adding mods, you could try grabbing a vehicle equipment grid mod and adding personal laser defenses to the train.

If not... lots of laser turrets along the track!

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

You could make a track-clearing train, which is just a lot of engines without any wagons. Just have that thing travel along those sections of track every once in a while (or continuously) to run over all the aliens. Not sure how effective that is, since I've always just spammed turrets. Hopefully would work, and be less hassle than just spamming turrets?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

The devs know about this problem, they are adding military trains in the next version.

Until then, you can look for military train mods.

bluelionpiper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bluelionpiper »

ah, great! I'll look into that mod and look for the military trains here soon!

Return to “Gameplay Help”