looking for ratio for a 100 labs setup

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

looking for ratio for a 100 labs setup

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

im looking for good numbers about what i need to make a 100 labs setup..
red green blue black purple yellow and white. i know about ratio like 5-6-12-5-8-7.5(8) plus rocket, but its good for few labs.
just want a correct number, good enough to keep labs working full time, and maybe at least keeping belts loaded with some packs as kind of little buffer
still using full belts (express) on labs, except for rockets using both belts and logistic
tks
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: looking for ratio for a 100 labs setup

Post by Shokubai »

The problem with looking for a labs ratio is that research is not a static thing. Many items have different research times and others require more than 1 pack per cycle.

For example
Military 4 is a 45 second cycle but it requires double the green packs
Inserter Capacity 6 is 30 seconds and requires double the amount of red, green and blue

You could target a middle ground and just say 100 labs can use 100 packs 30 seconds for 30 second research. Thats a bit more than 3 packs/s. Or for a 60 second research thats about 1.3 packs per second.

The ratios are pretty simple if you just set a goal of X packs per second.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: looking for ratio for a 100 labs setup

Post by mexmer »

you forgot also to mention 1 more thing. as soon as you research "lab research speed", your ratios are void. lab research speed is nonlinear, so it's hard to scale your science supply accordingly.

anyways, point is, just do regular setup for 10 or 20 labs, and replicate it accordingly.

there is no reason to do "scaling" in any other way, than just replicating already working set.

Return to “Gameplay Help”