Destroying headquarters

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Guile007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Destroying headquarters

Post by Guile007 »

Hi all,
Sorry in advance for my bad english... Just one question: How can i destroy the headquarters of the bad guys in the first or second mission of the campaign (mission where we have to find a computer in the South east of the map)? I havé research the rocket launcher and rockets but when i try to attack the camp i just die...

Thx!

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Destroying headquarters

Post by wrtlprnft »

Your rockets have a larger range than the enemy's turrets, so you can just run until you're close enough, fire a couple of rockets and run away.

Another strategy is to build some turrets of your own just outside of the enemy turrets' range, so they'll protect you from the creepers.

Guile007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Guile007 »

Ok thx! Good idea for the turrets coz creepers don't let me shoot my rockets... I Will try this solution!

Farquhar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Farquhar »

I am also having trouble taking out the creeper turrets. I can't seem to get within range (with my rocket) without being shot back at. Are you sure the rocket has a further range than their turrets?

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Your rocket launcher has greater range than their gun turrets.
But they have equal range to their rocket turrets.

Farquhar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Farquhar »

They all seem to be called "battle turrets", and I can't take out a single one of them.

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

As mentioned above, try using turrets to hold off the creepers while you send rockets at their turrets.
The other way is to kill the creepers yourself with your smg, and send a rocket or two at their turrets/spawners in between.
Also, make sure that you are equipped with armor, it helps a lot.

Farquhar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Farquhar »

Okay, I probably just suck at this type of gaming. I much prefer the defensive/strategic/planning aspect of the game.

Their turrets have a greater range than my rockets. How do I know this? While their turrets are quickly killing me, I can't shoot back at all. I have died countless times by now trying to get close enough to shoot without completely dying. I have armor.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Your rocket range is better than the range of battle turrets.
Are you aiming correctly? Did you bring your turrets to handle the creepers?

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

Farquhar wrote:Okay, I probably just suck at this type of gaming. I much prefer the defensive/strategic/planning aspect of the game.

Their turrets have a greater range than my rockets. How do I know this? While their turrets are quickly killing me, I can't shoot back at all. I have died countless times by now trying to get close enough to shoot without completely dying. I have armor.
mouse over the turrets, then press space, that makes you aim at the turrets.... that might help

Guile007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Guile007 »

Damn! It doesn't run, i give up, and i tried all the week-end. I don't want an action game.

Return to “Gameplay Help”