Destroying Blueprint Books and Blueprints (Blueprints Tab)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Destroying Blueprint Books and Blueprints (Blueprints Tab)

Post by Sparen »

Sorry if this has been addressed before or if it's a known bug, but I'd like to learn how to destroy blueprints and blueprint books under "My Blueprints" in the 0.15 Blueprint Tab. I can add them in, but cannot overwrite existing ones or remove them from the list. I also cannot edit them - trying to open them selects them instead of opening their object GUIs.

Is there a proper way to do this? Factorio 0.15.12.

Thank you very much.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Destroying Blueprint Books and Blueprints (Blueprints Tab)

Post by Peter34 »

Sparen wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed before or if it's a known bug, but I'd like to learn how to destroy blueprints and blueprint books under "My Blueprints" in the 0.15 Blueprint Tab. I can add them in, but cannot overwrite existing ones or remove them from the list. I also cannot edit them - trying to open them selects them instead of opening their object GUIs.

Thank you very much.
Not as far as I know. You can either put them into a Chest (Wood Chest are cheapest) and destroy it (Wood Chests are also faster to destroy), preferably using cheap Yellow Ammo. Or you can use a mod that destroys your blueprints for you, whenever you put them into a slot that's not locked to Blueprints (this includes any inventory slot).
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mISSAO/BlueprintRemover

It's a clear UI design oversight, and I'm hoping the devs will fix it soon, because even the mod I'm using strikes me as a decidedly imperfect solution.

Graypup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Graypup »

Sparen wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed before or if it's a known bug, but I'd like to learn how to destroy blueprints and blueprint books under "My Blueprints" in the 0.15 Blueprint Tab. I can add them in, but cannot overwrite existing ones or remove them from the list. I also cannot edit them - trying to open them selects them instead of opening their object GUIs.

Thank you very much.
Can't you right click them and click the trash can, or am I misunderstanding the question?

Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparen »

Moving to Bugs - this is an issue with macOS Keybindings.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48168

Return to “Gameplay Help”