Kovarex enrichment question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Kovarex enrichment question

Post by brunzenstein »

I manage the enrichment process only by extracting an even number (inserter stacksize) to a box and so separate the 41 st leftover U235 without combinator hassle, but what I still fail to understand is:
"Why the process forces to unload all U 235 only to separate the 41 st U235. Why its not possible just to unload the produced the one piece of U 235 from the turbine itself and stuff the needed 3 pieces U 238 in and off go the machine goes?"

saturn7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Kovarex enrichment question

Post by saturn7 »

For me, it's more interesting that way. You have to do some wiring, use filter inserters or something (and there are many ways to do it, and it's not hard), compared to just letting it run as every other machine.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Kovarex enrichment question

Post by Kelderek »

Are you wanting the output to be moved internally back to the input within the centrifuge? AFAIK there are no items in this game that function that way so you have to extract the full 41 units from the centrifuge output one way or another. How you decide to separate out the one extra unit of U-235 is up to you,

Return to “Gameplay Help”