Combinators - Send pulse with data stored in memory

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
RainbowShaggy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Combinators - Send pulse with data stored in memory

Post by RainbowShaggy »

Hi,

I'd like to ask. How can I send pulse with number stored in memory? I'm saving the number with this circuit.
Image with combinator settings
Image without combinator settings
The first (at the top) decider combinator saves the number and the second combinator only changes any data to P signal. The constant combinator resets the data.
Now I need the output from the first combinator, which must be pulse with number stored in the first decider combinator.

Thank you very much.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Combinators - Send pulse with data stored in memory

Post by DaveMcW »

You can't send a pulse into a memory cell. A memory cell is supposed to remember everything, and a pulse is supposed to be forgotten. Remove the bottom combinator.

What you want is a decider combinator that takes memory on one wire and pulse on the other wire. If the pulse is detected, it returns everything.

RainbowShaggy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Combinators - Send pulse with data stored in memory

Post by RainbowShaggy »

Thank you for explaination. I just want to get pulse with the number stored in memory cell. And the pulse will be sent if the memory cell get signal to increase number.

Imagine situation when you want to take the item with inserter from the chest, but you want to take only one item. So you have to create the pulse signal. That's one condition. And the second condition is, that you want to take item only if the inserter get pulse signal with specific number (it can be more or less than some other number, but this you can define in inserter).

Return to “Gameplay Help”