Annoyance: construction vs research

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Annoyance: construction vs research

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

I have a few electric furnaces blueprinted. I also have purple science packs in production. It does seem like *all* the furnaces I produce go to science and not to research. Very annoying.

Ah: bots only, no belts (belts would "fix" this with splitters).

"Just produce enough furnaces" is sadly the only "solution". Some systems have (undocumented, AFAICT) priorities attached that cause them to be above all else. Earlier on the same map, iron being produced was equally distributed among all the requester chests that requested it. But requester chest seem(!) to be above construction in priority. Or maybe it's just the distance, serve whichever is closers? But then again, earlier iron was equally distributed... regardless of distance.

</frustrationventing>

saturn7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Annoyance: construction vs research

Post by saturn7 »

It seems the logistic bots just get priority over construction bots most of the time. But the problem has an easy solution:

Make the inserter providing the furnaces to the science production only operate if there are at least some amount (e.g. 10) of furnaces in the logistic system. That way there are always enough furnaces for construction and your own needs.

Return to “Gameplay Help”