Missing Plane Recipe?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Missing Plane Recipe?

Post by MalContentFL »

I didn't really know where this belongs, but in the map editor I looked through the list of items and saw a small plane.
I didn't see a recipe or it in the entities page, so.

Is it just for the campaign and scenarios?
Is it not yet implemented?
Or did I just miss seeing something?

Because I would really like to fly a plane around.

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Missing Plane Recipe?

Post by bonob »

Yep, my first free play I rushed to the flight tech. And then I looked for the airplane.
Huh, no airplane??

I guess that's for the scenario only, unfortunately :D

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Those pesky Aliens shoot down anything that flies too high. That's why you need rocket defense before the colony ship can land. (or something like that!)

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

DerivePi wrote:Those pesky Aliens shoot down anything that flies too high. That's why you need rocket defense before the colony ship can land. (or something like that!)
That would also explain why the campaign ends after you make a plane. You take to the skies... and get shot down and die. :D

Pipebomb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pipebomb »

I wish I could setup two airports for quick automated travel between bases.

bosebuck375
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bosebuck375 »

Check out this video, particularly the end of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsngaST ... gViVr_syvA

Arumba didn't complete the entire campaign, but at least there's a hint. With enough luck, we can find someone else who can finish the entire campaign.

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

I finished the campaign, you don't get to use the plane. Tried creating one in the map editor, it's just a useless placeholder item; it does nothing.

UpGoing Kerbal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by UpGoing Kerbal »

Hopefully it will be added, as building airfields at bases and flying between them certainly beats driving or dodging trains! (though i put my OTTD skills to work and build safe networks, rather annoying you have to build Ro-Ro stations as trains won't reverse out)

Okim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Okim »

In one of my first playthroughs I ended up on a small island. While the resources were abundant - it was clear that I`ll need to get off of it at some point in order to win the game.

I noticed a tech called 'flying' with a nice plane icon on it. So I focused all my research to get it as fast as I can. By the time I started that research I`ve already ran out of coal and had to manually cut down forest to fuel my smelters...

Imagine my frustration when I got the tech only to discover that there are no planes in the game... This at least taught me a lesson to carefully read what I`m researching and to restart the game if I`m on island.

Return to “Gameplay Help”