Where is the Blueprint storage directory?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Where is the Blueprint storage directory?

Post by supernet2 »

What is the name of the blueprint storage directory? I have a DRM build ive been using and strictly sticking with solely because, the 15.3.0 build has literally all my blueprints. I seen in some of my other factorio builds of the 15.3.0 having a blueprint-storage.dat file. But i cannot find the one that explicitly is connected to my actively used 15.3.0 build. Photos for reference are attached. If anyone can guide me towards where this file is so i can migrate/move it to my actively played factorio version (15.3.X+ onward) so i can keep my blueprint library intact and migrated with any factorio instance i play, i'd really appreciate it!

*NOTE*

I know blueprint-storage.dat is stored in the %appdata%/Factorio for the STEAM and msi installer instance. As for the standalone instances i cannot find them, where i would assume they'd normally be at the root directory of the factorio build. In this case Factorio_0.15.3\blueprint-storage.dat

Just hoping im looking in the wrong direction or theirs a save issue going on. Seems to only be viewable when in my specific save file which is also attached.

Edit: The uploaded picture "Blueprint updating" is the blueprint intransit to the host system, as i threw a server up to keep active to distribute blueprints, seems to be working fine. But the issue still stands, with loading the blueprints outside of the existing Factorio_0.15.3 to another factorio instance (through steam build, or another DRM build window). Seems attached to the Map loaded T1.zip and then loading another map to load up my blueprints copy. Tried a different machine Dell Latitude 3540, vs using a Clevo machine, and the machines results are different. Also tried loading the system off the network, and leaving on my main network the server up, to test blueprint distribution. It seems to work, if i login to the "Steam" account of my supernet2 profile, and then transfer over one by one, the blueprints from the server i left up "!.Rushtooptimize" to the other profile i have which is tethered to my steam one (which i thought linking on your website factorio.com) would actually sync my blueprints to my account (i suppose that isn't so). Still haven't been able to generate the blueprint-storage.dat on either the steam build or the Independent builds (the .zip or .msi installer builds)
Attachments
Blueprint updating
Blueprint updating
BlueprintLoadingup.PNG (263.98 KiB) Viewed 13982 times
T1.zip
Blueprints locked in this save file
(8.11 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
Blueprint-storage.Dat suppose to be in this directory but i cannot find it
Blueprint-storage.Dat suppose to be in this directory but i cannot find it
blueprintdatwhere.PNG (53.44 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Blueprint repository1(Main15.3.0 PlayBuild)
Blueprint repository1(Main15.3.0 PlayBuild)
blueprints2.PNG (770.38 KiB) Viewed 14007 times
Directories
Directories
f1cap.PNG (27.45 KiB) Viewed 14007 times

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Where is the Blueprint storage directory?

Post by supernet2 »

Found a resolution, for others who have this issue.

Make your existing factorio game multiplayer, then run another factorio instance (DRM or steam build) leaving a server up solely to pass on blueprints seems to be the workaround. I was able to get the blueprint-storage.dat to generate after rebuilding my blueprint library from my broken blueprint library, via using the server transfer method (copy from the server thats up and save to my other factorio instance) library. Now for record i had like literally 49+ blueprints, that i had to unclutter and organize into blueprint books.

Might be a bug, so could a moderator or dev move this over to bug report?

The bug is, blueprint-storage.dat does not generate in the directories as specified in the config-path.cfg nor is it locateable in any of the folders. The only lead i was able to find in this regards, is that the existing save you play on (solo not multiplayer) will have the blueprints until you load into someone elses multiplayer server.

plepper1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Where is the Blueprint storage directory?

Post by plepper1 »

It appears that I'm having this issue also.

I've only played single player. In my first .15 factory, I have a whole book of blueprints, but in any of my new save files, I do not have any blueprints.

There is not a blueprint-storage.dat in my AppData/Roaming/Factorio/ directory.

I'm using the Steam beta build. (currently 0.15.19)

Return to “Gameplay Help”