Circuit Network - Just insert 10 Iron Plates, 10 Steels

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MaZy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Circuit Network - Just insert 10 Iron Plates, 10 Steels

Post by MaZy »

How can I do this (see topic)

To imagine here a pic

as you see the first chest at the top is just for testing, I put myself there the stuff. But the second chest is the imporant part. I want to put there only 10 irons and 10 steels because If I do not limit it.. it will insert only steels because of so many steels.. but I need both.
I know I could do two ways and use filter inserter but it would take more space.

I also chcked with filter (instead of blue inserter).. but it would be nice if filter insert gets per item a condition.. this would be amazing.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Circuit Network - Just insert 10 Iron Plates, 10 Steels

Post by Aeternus »

You can use the "Set filter" option on the Filter inserter. Simply use a Decider Combinator to check the chest content, if the right amount is in the chest, stop outputting the filter for that item (otherwise output that item at the Combinator's exit with value 1). Once there's 10 of each in the chest, the Filter Inserter won't have any filters set so it should stop.
Set stack size to 1 if you need exact amounts.

MaZy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaZy »

Aeternus wrote:You can use the "Set filter" option on the Filter inserter. Simply use a Decider Combinator to check the chest content, if the right amount is in the chest, stop outputting the filter for that item (otherwise output that item at the Combinator's exit with value 1). Once there's 10 of each in the chest, the Filter Inserter won't have any filters set so it should stop.
Set stack size to 1 if you need exact amounts.
Thanks. After seeing in a tutorial "set filter" I could make it myself. I didn't notice the checkbox first. This rlly nice and made me now happy :D

For future help this is my setup

For iron plate too (only steels shown in this picture)

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

You can do this in a batch, set your desired chest contents negative in a constant combinator, wire the chest and combinator together to an each-to-each × -1 arithmetic or each-to-each < 0 → 1 decider and set your filters from that, anything > 0 lights the filter.

MaZy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaZy »

quyxkh wrote:You can do this in a batch, set your desired chest contents negative in a constant combinator, wire the chest and combinator together to an each-to-each × -1 arithmetic or each-to-each < 0 → 1 decider and set your filters from that, anything > 0 lights the filter.
Thanks. I tried both way but it does not work if I do "anything > 0". If I do "set filters" then it works. Or did you mean something else with it? Maybe I did not understand it.

EDIT: I see now what you mean. lol

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Set &quot;want&quot; (negative) item values in the constant combinator, the decider then reads &quot;have &lt; want&quot;
Set "want" (negative) item values in the constant combinator, the decider then reads "have < want"
Screenshot from 2017-04-27 18-23-46.jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
Like this. Almost anytime you're doing the same thing to lots of signals, there's an easy way to do it with a single combinator. edit: heh. glad it's working for ya.

Return to “Gameplay Help”