Error when loading my save. [0.2.10]

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Slythercon
Inserter
Inserter

Error when loading my save. [0.2.10]

Post by Slythercon »

I have just installed the new build of Factorio (0.2.10) and as soon as I load my save I got an error message:
[Error 2 while running the event handler:...Data\Roaming\Factorio\temp\currently-playing\control.lua:138: LuaEntity::lualndex: unknown key gettechnologies]
Any help?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Error when loading my save. [0.2.10]

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report. This is actually a relatively serious problem we haven't thought of.

The problem is that we have changed the Lua Interface a little bit in the 0.2.10. And the control.lua from the original (campaign mission, freeplay, etc.) is copied over to the save. So in effect now your control.lua from the save tries to call a function that doesn't exist anymore. Fortunately this won't affect the freeplay.

There is a way around this. You can take the corresponding lua file from which the save was started (for example if this is second level of the New Hope campaign then take "Program Files/data/campaigns/beta/level-02/control.lua) and copy it over to your save. This way your save will use the script which takes the updated interface into account.

Hope this helps and sorry for this inconvience. We thought about this and we will try to make the Lua interface breaking changes in one big go instead of splitted across multiple releases.

Slythercon
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Error when loading my save. [0.2.10]

Post by Slythercon »

Thank you for the help, it's running great now :D

Return to “Gameplay Help”