Electricity #MyBadEnglish

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
GeorgeO0835
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Electricity #MyBadEnglish

Post by GeorgeO0835 »

hi im new to factorio so im newbi so how does electricity works ? i took a picture http://prntscr.com/euqcf2 should production be full and satisfaction low ? pls tell me everything :)

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Electricity #MyBadEnglish

Post by Bushdoctor »

GeorgeO0835 wrote:(..)should production be full and satisfaction low ? pls tell me everything :)
Welcome to the game George!

It's the other way round: You want satisfaction to be full, and production to be 'lower'. The screenshot that you posted shows that you are fulfilling all the electricity needs for your base (full satisfaction) and your production shows that you CAN produce more power if needed.

Looking good. :)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

If satisfaction is full then all is fine. Production is not full because the Steam engines could produce more energy, but it currently isn't required by your factory. According to the screenshot you're using about 2/3 of the available energy.

If energy is going low then the satisfaction bar will be yellow/orange/red. You can also hover over an electric pole, it will display the satisfaction. Only if that bar is not filled completely then you are lacking energy.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ingress »

Your power ratio looks good. When it starts to turn yellow you need to be wary and upgrade/add more to the generation of power, solar or steam. Red is BAD and needs attention NOW!

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

I had the same prioblem when i first played :shock:

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Thankfully they are redesigning this useless screen in 0.15 =D
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Gameplay Help”