Please help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Please help

Post by brunzenstein »

the solar accumulation suddenly starts to blink red . any hint?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Please help

Post by Koub »

You don't produce enough energy to fill your accus.
Day time
Your accus start to fill only if you produce excess energy. As you are underpowered, they never get to start filling.
[Edit] : "Never" was a little too pessimistic. When your consumption is very low, you just produce barely enough to save a few Joules, that are consumed during the first seconds of dusk.
[Edit2] : You need at least 3, maybe 4 times your blueprint of solar+accus to fulfill the demand day and night.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Tank you - the most simple answers are often overlooked :-)

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

fyi, that solar design usually has an additional 9 accumulators (3x3 square) near the middle (removing 4 solar panels) so you have the right ratio (so that your solar can charge accus and accus can last all night). note that the square (if built correctly with the 9 accus i mentioned) only yields just over 7MW of effective power (over a 24 hour cycle). electric furnaces are huge power hogs. if you're still playing in this save, it might be worth going back to steel furnace until you can build up your solar array.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

iceman_1212 wrote:fyi, that solar design usually has an additional 9 accumulators (3x3 square) near the middle (removing 4 solar panels) so you have the right ratio (so that your solar can charge accus and accus can last all night). note that the square (if built correctly with the 9 accus i mentioned) only yields just over 7MW of effective power (over a 24 hour cycle). electric furnaces are huge power hogs. if you're still playing in this save, it might be worth going back to steel furnace until you can build up your solar array.
Thanks for the hint - anyhow...
0.15 which is expected in a few days will change everything.
I will start from scratch and abandon all factory's created to that date.

Return to “Gameplay Help”