Why are there so many ores?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Why are there so many ores?

Post by MicFac »

I usually set the world generation settings to a very big starting area and erevy ore to very low frequency, very big size and very high saturation because I want big ore patches that are far away from each other. But I always get a world like this:Image
This is not really my imagination of a "very low frequency". Am I doing something wrong?

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Why are there so many ores?

Post by aober93 »

You should check outside of the starting area.

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

I Think that your starting area was so big it coverd the whole visible map so all the ore that you see is in the starting area and if so, it is perfectly logical to me...

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I think there is some magic involved in making sure you get at least one or two patches in the starting area nowadays, but you will have a lot of trouble finding more patches outside the starting area.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

That's a pretty typical start for VL Freq and VH Size and Richness (favorite megabase map settings). Outside the start, ore deposits will be a bit rarer and more spread out, but also even larger typically.

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

aober93 wrote:You should check outside of the starting area.
The Eriksonn wrote:I Think that your starting area was so big it coverd the whole visible map so all the ore that you see is in the starting area and if so, it is perfectly logical to me...
Ranakastrasz wrote:I think there is some magic involved in making sure you get at least one or two patches in the starting area nowadays, but you will have a lot of trouble finding more patches outside the starting area.
Frightning wrote:That's a pretty typical start for VL Freq and VH Size and Richness (favorite megabase map settings). Outside the start, ore deposits will be a bit rarer and more spread out, but also even larger typically.
thanks for the help, thats very Interesting :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”