pollution disappearing

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

pollution disappearing

Post by MicFac »

In my current factorio world, most of the base was completely covered in pollution and it also spreaded pretty far around. Then yesterday I looked at the map and almost all of the pollution was gone (I didn't turn off alt).
I unfortunately don't have a screenshot of how it looked before, but here's how it looks now:Image
I think you can imagine that so little pollution is not normal this factory.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pollution disappearing

Post by Yoyobuae »

If machines stops then pollution generation stops and then pollution will gradually dissipate (and a lot absorbed by trees).

Did you stop researching for a while? Research is big consumer of material+power and thus triggers lots of pollution. It could also be that some belt or buffer which was filling previously is now already full, stopping pollution due to production of those items. Check power consumption graph, there should be a drop of power consumption associated with the drop in pollution.

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

Yoyobuae wrote:If machines stops then pollution generation stops and then pollution will gradually dissipate (and a lot absorbed by trees).

Did you stop researching for a while? Research is big consumer of material+power and thus triggers lots of pollution. It could also be that some belt or buffer which was filling previously is now already full, stopping pollution due to production of those items. Check power consumption graph, there should be a drop of power consumption associated with the drop in pollution.
wow, you're right! Only 40 MW power consumption. Before I had about 70 I think. But do you really think that trees were able to reduce the pollution by so much? As I said, the whole base and more was completely covered in red.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

MicFac wrote:
Yoyobuae wrote:If machines stops then pollution generation stops and then pollution will gradually dissipate (and a lot absorbed by trees).

wow, you're right! Only 40 MW power consumption. Before I had about 70 I think. But do you really think that trees were able to reduce the pollution by so much? As I said, the whole base and more was completely covered in red.
Pollution dissipates pretty quickly all on its own. If you've got the right setup, go shut off the entire factory sometime and see how quickly pollution dissipates all on its own.

Return to “Gameplay Help”