Combat - Auto aiming

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Combat - Auto aiming

Post by arl85 »

Hi,
I bought the game a week ago after playing demo and now I'm playing the beta campaign.
I've not got how character combat works: I know I can press C and fire at the cursor or keep SPACEBAR pressed and it will auto fire, but it's not clear how can I aim in that case.

it seems to me that holding SPACEBAR I have to move mouse close to target (or in its direction or something similar) so that a small "sight" appears over the enemy.
It will retain the "general direction" and switch to another close target after killing the first one. So it seems it is auto firing with a semi-auto aiming.

I noticed it when I was attacked by several biters and cannot fire at closest one because no "green sight" appeared, so I moved mouse over them and weapon finally fired.

But is it really true or I just missed anything?

Generally, if no target is in range, weapon doesn't fire, but the shotgun seems to fire even if no-one is in range.
Is it intended?
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Combat - Auto aiming

Post by ssilk »

Press C, if you want to fire, where the mouse is, no matter, if it locks at a target. For what you describe use the shootgun.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arl85 »

so shotgun simply fires where the cursor is, both with SAPCEBAR and C?

and so what is the difference between C and SPACEBAR?
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

C fires for autoaiming weapons, if no enemy in sight. :)

Why don't you try it yourself? Why don't you lookup into the game keyboard-settings yourself?

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arl85 »

I looked at control setting and tried yesterday but was unable to get how it exactly works; it was not my intention to ask a trivial question, sorry.

I had no idea about difference between shotgun and submachine gun regarding aiming, for example, and so is the reason why shotgun always fire while submachine gun needs target to "auto fire" with SPACEBAR.

Thanks!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Nice to see it works. :)

I've no problems with stupid questions, but I get a little bit .. impatient if I see, that the player hasn't tried himself, before asking. Sorry for that.

Return to “Gameplay Help”