Avaliable Robots

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Avaliable Robots

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Has anyone tested what exactly available robots measures? I noticed my available robots was 0/68 but I had 200 construction bots between two roboports right next to me so I am not sure what exactly it is measuring or what info it is showing ?_?

Thourion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Avaliable Robots

Post by Thourion »

It shows the available robots :D
Meaning if your 200 are occupied flying around doing stuff, theres no one ready to be used, until one of the flying ones goes back to the port.

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bonob »

I'd say it's only showing the logistic bots, not the construction bots.

Thourion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thourion »

bonob wrote:I'd say it's only showing the logistic bots, not the construction bots.
Hm. When i was running back to my outpost with my damaged car, 1 construction robot was coming to repair me, and the port always showed 1 less available, while he was repairing and in transit. So im sure it includes the construction ones.

EDIT: Unless of course, both of you mean what it shows on the logistic chests, in that case bonob is right.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

It shows the available robots :D
Meaning if your 200 are occupied flying around doing stuff, theres no one ready to be used, until one of the flying ones goes back to the port.
When I had my 200 bots flying around it said I had ~160 bots then when all 200 bots went into one of the ports the number went down to 0/68. When I had all my bots flying around it say 0/~160. Then later on I had 0/~120.
I'd say it's only showing the logistic bots, not the construction bots.
Perhaps... However my number increases and decreases by hundreds at a time, it doesn't really make much sense.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Hm, I'd provide a guess that the first number is how many are currently doing a job related to that entity (or perhaps do not have a job assigned to them), and the second are how many are flying about...but that could be wrong I haven't played in a while :)
edit: Oh, and yeah my guess would also be that it only shows the logistic bots, not the construction bots.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

I tested it once, didn't pay that much attention though; as far as i know the number only shows the logistic bots, not construction bots.

Return to “Gameplay Help”