How to use assembly machine?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
gnu_don
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to use assembly machine?

Post by gnu_don »

I looked at the wiki page for the assembly machine and I am sure - how to get the resources out? and how to put the resources in? I've tried using inserters and not much happens.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to use assembly machine?

Post by MF- »

You need to configure a recipe on it.

Then insterters should work just like they do on furnaces.

gnu_don
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gnu_don »

It was clear that one had to select the recipe to be constructed. It was unclear that I needed to manually place in the materials in the ingredients listing. The inserters seem to be required to remove the goods - but I was unsuccessful in loading the assembler using inserters.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Please rephrase. I don't understand.

It works the same as it does for furnaces.
Only little items are fed in.

And if the output slot has a handful of items in it, the inserters won't feed the assembly machine at all.
(I was lobbying for a change to that rule, because it doesn't make sense for a while now...)

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

whenever making an item two lists are show the first its the item recipie and the second is the base materials.

when making from your own inventory you only need to worry about the base materials because the required items just get que'd up.

the assemblers input HAS to be the correct item or it fails, also if i put a full stack of copper bars in to be turned into wires, then the machine would just keep on running till its out of copper. if i wanted it automated then i'd need to have an output else it's just make 5 or so......

Dylems
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dylems »

Just watch Xisuma's vids, you'll learn everything :3

Lelouch Vi Britannia orders you...

Return to “Gameplay Help”