Science Pack 2 (improvement)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
keyken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Science Pack 2 (improvement)

Post by keyken »

Hey there!
I know, there're already a ton of questions about an efficient build if it comes to the science packs, but I have a particular question about the base I built.
I basically have kind of the same problem every time I seriously try to build a good factory, it's about the 2nd science pack, in particular it's about the iron plate-supply.
As you can see, my base is kind of messy, there're separators everywhere and I do have a serious iron problem, if it comes to producing gear wheel because those things are iron-consumers, like all the time....but still I need them.

So, I wont go that much into the details, I think you can see what my problem is like pretty easily and I just hope, that there is someone who can tell me that my build isn't total crap, hopefully you can tell me how to improve this.
I've been really trying out different thing but at the end of the day I always end up with the same problem and at some point this gets frustrating, so, maybe I am failing to see an important issue or so .

Thanks for your help! :)
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 2631 times

Melfish
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Science Pack 2 (improvement)

Post by Melfish »

Your science setup looks totally fine. You should however up the production of iron plates, by the flow of plates it looks like you have maybe 4 furnaces burning iron. Try to have more furnaces smelting iron, like 10 more or something.

keyken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keyken »

Yes, I have 4 burning right now, I'll try it out, thank you! :)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

it's recommender to build enough assembler for bottles, so they come at same quantity per time interval

since red needs 5 sec, green 6 sec, and blue 12 sec to build, you should build respective amount of assemblers (and of course respective amount of supply factories for them)
also make wheel factory before red factories, then split wheel production, half will go to red, and half to belts ... wheels are produced quite fast (compared to red bottles or belts), so you can fill them both)

there is post (i forgot from who), with quite "compact" design of vanila research area with 10 labs, and everything, including blue tech. you can take it as inspiration, if you find it.

edit:
it's this one
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=12550

keyken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keyken »

Thanks, it looks like a bit of work an since yesterday I played a lot, so things have changed a bit.
I am currently struggling with the robots and all this stuff, and my lab-supply isn't nearly as effective as it could be but I am making my way through this, at some point I'll definitely try this build out, it looks quite neat!

Again, thanks! =)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

that compact design is more about "how it can be done", you can also use it as pointer how much of what you need (building wise, material wise, production wise).
it runs without hicups with full input.
my design is somewhat different and not so compact, but this one it's good for starters, since it has lot of optimization.

keyken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keyken »

Yes, the compact design isn't really what I am aiming for, but I do have some problems with the organization and structure of my base.
As you can see, I am currently working on the 3rd science pack and the basics to build robots.
Only problem is, that I have no clue how to order the different factories and I only have three oil-fields, which is a bit....problematic. :/
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (2.4 MiB) Viewed 2554 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”