Bots disappearing

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Xandaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bots disappearing

Post by Xandaros »

I had had a logistics network with 300+ logistics bots and when I just had a look, it was barely above 100.
I turned on my bot factory, but the count is still decreasing and it's below 100 now and I have no idea why.
I'm playing on peaceful and there are no biter nests nearby. I even put "game.onevent(defines.events.onentitydied, function(event) game.player.print(event.entity.type) end)" in the console to get a message when something gets destroyed. I tested it with some trees and it printed "tree" very nicely, but my bots still disappear silently.

What could be happening? If they aren't being destroyed - where are they going?

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bots disappearing

Post by sillyfly »

They probably can't find a roboport to charge in time as the current ones are too busy.
This has been discussed before, see here for example:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=3422

or use the search.
As you can see, it has been suggested that future versions will have better algorithms to allow bots to charge in tight situations. In the meanwhile adding more roboports will probably help, although you may still lose some occasionally.

About them not being reported dying - I think this is a bug, but it could also be that the developers thought this is the reasonable thing to do. Maybe having messages like objects being destroyed is not the best thing though, as it could become excessive, but maybe it could be added to the roboport info or something like that, so you at least know afterwards that some bots died because they couldn't be charged in time.

Xandaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bots disappearing

Post by Xandaros »

I thought that something like that was happening, but I figured I'd find them lying on the ground somewhere. Guess not, thanks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”