Inserters Not Working?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Erate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inserters Not Working?

Post by Erate »

Hello, I Was Just Playing Some Factorio When I Noticed That My Inserters were Not Working, Can Someone Please Help? Here Is A Screenshot Of The Setup:
Attachments
The Inserters Into The Labs Are Not Working
The Inserters Into The Labs Are Not Working
Factorio 2016-12-22 17-29-47-84.png (2.97 MiB) Viewed 3122 times

thatguy321
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Inserters Not Working?

Post by thatguy321 »

Which inserters are not working? The black ones need fuel to run (coal for example) and the yellow require electricity. Are you sure that those power lines are hooked up to a power source?
"I have come here to smelt iron ore and kick biter ass.....and I'm all out of iron ore." -me

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

The ones next to the assembler might not work because the assembler has enough of that type of item already.

Edit: I see that you ment the ones that go into the labs. The labs want both red and green science packs for this research, and there are no green ones on the belt, so the labs are probably full of red packs and have no greens and therefore the inserters are not working. Also the inserters dont want to put more than 2-3 at a time in there so if it is 3 in there already that is normal.

Erate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Erate »

Can Nobody See That, Right Under The Image, It Says "The Inserters Into The Labs Are Not Working, And Yes, It Is Connected to A Power Source

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

As The Eriksonn said the labs also need green science packs to research this technology. On your screenshot you're only delivering red science packs and the lab already has enough red (2 or 3) in them so the inserters won't insert any more.
The Eriksonn wrote:Edit: I see that you ment the ones that go into the labs. The labs want both red and green science packs for this research, and there are no green ones on the belt, so the labs are probably full of red packs and have no greens and therefore the inserters are not working. Also the inserters dont want to put more than 2-3 at a time in there so if it is 3 in there already that is normal.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Erate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Erate »

Ok, Got It, Thanks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”