I need interesting, fun things to do

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I need interesting, fun things to do

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

I've researched everything and I'm in peaceful mode. I have quite a few modules of all kinds. I kill big infestations with laser turrets. I tried messin with flame thrower turrets but they're a bit of a chore as you have to supply with fluids which aren't moved easily. I've burned some forests with flame thrower fire.

What kinds of things could I try before I start a game that isn't in peaceful mode? I built a speedy foundry with a beacon surrounded by furnaces and modules in everything.

Is there any situation in peaceful mode where the flamethrower turrets are worth setting up?

Does anyone have interesting circuit network setups that will teach me cool things?

I've got a huge amount of electricity but even so I have problems surrounding big infestations with laser turrets because even with lots of accumulators (hundreds of them) I have the problem of low fire rate if I put up too many turrets. (like over a 125 laser turrets). As a result I tend to put a mass of turrets from one direction and leapfrog in. It works well but is boring after awhile. I don't like to lose a lot of turrets taking out infestations.

I don't think the circuit network is much help in this situation but it might be fun if it was useful. If you could set it up so that certain banks of turrets didn't open fire until there was enough power that would be nice.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I need interesting, fun things to do

Post by DaveMcW »

Set up a factory to make destroyer capsules. Put 1000 of them in your inventory. Walk to a nest and use them until you reach your follower limit.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

At once, Commander.

I also need to do something with trains. I need to get one to go back and forth and then try more complicated things.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

You try something like my WIP Kilobase: viewtopic.php?f=204&t=27061

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

maybe start playing with mods?

like full angels + bobs, even in peace mode, there is lot of stuff to do.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Maybe just start with Bob's Mods.

An outpost just taking metals from train and making electronic components (not the circuits, just the components for circuits) to load onto another train has ended up being the size of a small vanilla factory. Probably slightly bigger than the one I built in a 7 hour speed run for achievements. Metal processing is done offsite.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

So far I managed to try the destructors after making a thousand of them. They're fun. They work well with the slowdown capsules.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

You describe your tactics with lasers to clear infected areas, and I recognize much of that.
I have now switched to a completely different method, that of Scorched Earth.
Cram a Power Armor full with shields, a single exoskeleton (and power source), get out your flamethrower and go to town on those bastards.
You should be able to just run through those settlements while spraying a circle of fire around you after each short sprint.
Deliberately try to move in between alien buildings so that your followers get stuck and burn to a crisp while you go postal on the next section.
It's hella fun! :twisted:

Return to “Gameplay Help”