Download Problems

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
CmdrDats
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Download Problems

Post by CmdrDats »

Hey everyone,

I've just bought the game, but am having serious issues trying to download it - The download from Amazon keeps getting stuck randomly and then refuses to carry on. I had a similar problem with the demo, but I managed to download it using wget with resuming. I can't do the same for the alpha because of the whole login and security thing - I just can't get the cookie across to wget properly for it to work..

Help?

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Download Problems

Post by MF- »

I thought firefox supports download resume.
I remember I had to hit pause-play once or twice for some download, possibly even factorio...

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

Firefox resume is annoying if the connection dies and it thinks it was finished. You have to take a copy of the unfinished download, start the download again, pause, copy the large unfinished file over the newly started download, then unpause... not fun at all.

Anyway, I haven't tried these but there are some addons you could try, for example: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cliget/

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Oh. I actually remember doing that somewhere too.

And it was even MORE annoying, because some zero bytes were appended to the file when the download aborted
-> there was one more step - last x byte removal

That's obviously too hard. The easier way to go is to pause-resume the download preventively.

But if that was factorio, then it was definitely before 0.8

Return to “Gameplay Help”