Logistics Robots to craft and upgrade chain

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Logistics Robots to craft and upgrade chain

Post by Sworn »

Probably already has an topic about this, but I'm not finding the right terms to search this, so if you know a link to a post that can help, please tell me.

I was trying to make an chain upgrade to assembler machine and inserter, so that any additional assembler or inserter should be converter in to the next level, but the problem is, how can i have an recipe requiring the level 1 item to be used before upgrade the item to a level 2 item. Some thing like priority, first use the level 1 to build another recipe, than if nothing is needing so upgrade to next level.

I was trying like this. Have one assembler machine making assembler machine level 1, than outputting it to a requester chest, that is requesting assembler machine level 1, and the requester chest is wired to the Inserter that is feeding the assembler machine that is making assembler machine level 1, so I can stop the production if I have more then 10 for example, and another assembler that is using the request chest to making the level 2, and so on. But, an Item on a Requester chest is not available to logistics network then I can't use then on other recipes. Then I tried to make another assembler machine but a passive provider will always feed the requester, and keep making more.

Hoeloe
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Logistics Robots to craft and upgrade chain

Post by Hoeloe »

As far I understand you want to provide Level 1 items (like yellow belts) for the logisticnetwork, but also want to use it in the same assemblerchain to produce level 2 items (red belts in this example). In the same step you would like to recycle level 1 items you don't need anymore. Correct?

Since I'm at work i can't play Factorio, but draw it with our CAD, I hope you understand it.
Sheme
Edit: I just read your post again, I maybe totally missunderstood you but I'm not sure :lol:

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Wow, how did you drawn this? Probably you got it right, sorry for my terrible explanation, many thanks, I'll try it later on and see how it does and back here to tell how things are going.

OK, so you have an Machine making fresh yellow belts, then you stop when you have more then X on the network. OK, then you have another machine that will only make red belts when you have more then Y yellow belts (recycling). It is more or less that.

I probably got it wrong. Is it not going to loop through the provider and requester? There is a inserter between the provider and the requester so the item will go to the provider, then it will be pickup by robots and placed on the request chest, then the inserter will grab that and put it back on the provider...

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Yeeaah that's exactly what would happen. You would have to put in a circuit to only request items when the provider is empty. But then if you've got a constant production going... blegh.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

What I do is this:
And then I have a storage chest elsewhere. Requester chests will demand things from storage chests first, so those get recycled first.

It puts a touch more demand on the bot network, but it's a lot simpler.

Return to “Gameplay Help”