Trains

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hidrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Trains

Post by Hidrog »

Is there any way of checking if a train is at a station? This is mostly in terms of the circuit system, but I'm sure I can make it work either way. Thank you.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Trains

Post by Mehve »

Not directly, but you can get the status of rail signals. If it's red, you know there's a train in the block ahead of the signal. The only caveat is that you can't verify whether the train in the block is actually at the station, or simply passing through, so you'll want to design the tracks and station so that no extra trains try to detour through it.

Hidrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hidrog »

Mehve wrote:Not directly, but you can get the status of rail signals. If it's red, you know there's a train in the block ahead of the signal. The only caveat is that you can't verify whether the train in the block is actually at the station, or simply passing through, so you'll want to design the tracks and station so that no extra trains try to detour through it.
Thanks for the help :D

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

You can also use the Smart Trains mod by Choumiko, which enables trains to send signals about presence, capacity, remaining fuel, etc, back to a circuit network via the Smart Train Stations.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

You can allocate one slot for fish and use inserters to put a fish in and out. You can turn a signal on and reset counting when inserter holds a fish and turn the signal off after the counter reach 2 seconds. It is ugly, large and impractical solution, but it gives what you want with stock parts.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

I have read on the forums, that trains can be read ,and it has been implemented. What this means i dont know, since its not working for me.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Trains can read their own contents I think but you need the Smart Trains mod if you want a circuit network to read them.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Gameplay Help”