No icon on factories?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
rainmaker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

No icon on factories?

Post by rainmaker »

On some of the pictures that people post, above their factories there's an image of what the factory produces.

I don't have that in my game? Is it mod or something I need to switch on?

(thanks everyone :D )

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: No icon on factories?

Post by FreeER »

You mean like when an assembly machine is making electronic circuits or a chest has some inside of it, there is an icon are on top of the entity showing an electronic circuit? If so (and it's the only thing I can think of that you mean :)) press the 'alt' key on your keyboard to toggle the icons on/off, it'll also toggle displaying the pollution on your map, though that can be difficult to see at times (or for people who are color-blind) since it's a just a slight red overlay

If 'alt' doesn't work, or you want to change it, then check the control binding by pressing escape, selecting options, selecting controls and then find the label "show info" (should be in the 'Game' tab, near the bottom of the first/left hand column)

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

There should definitely be a button for this added into UI somewhere, perhaps near the minimap, to toggle this. Hidden magic keys are annoying.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

muzzy wrote:There should definitely be a button for this added into UI somewhere, perhaps near the minimap, to toggle this. Hidden magic keys are annoying.
hm...I honestly do not find it that difficult to simply check the control screen, but perhaps it should be mentioned in the tips and tricks to check the control screen for 'hidden' keys? idk, maybe it's just uncommon for people to bother checking out the options and controls when they start a new game (something I typically do), if that's the case then maybe but...what about the production screen and the console key and..., etc. etc.? (not to mention when multiplayer comes about we'll need a way to talk to other players in game, well preferably we wouldn't need to use external irc/teamspeak/mumble etc.)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

We do plan to have a simple gui on the screen eventually. Toggling the alt mode would be there then (or opening the map, opening the crafting screen, etc.)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Sometimes I think, even if the FAQ would be on screen in font-size 300, blinking, underlined, red, they would ignore it and ask instead... :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”