Advanced train network (sort of)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Advanced train network (sort of)

Post by nobodx »

I'm currently trying to get an advanced train network going using circuit network.

My previous version (named it MK 1) checks available space at the main station and once there is enough space for a train, it sends a signal to all outposts, how many trains fit in there (all trains have the same size). Any full train at the outpost can then move to the main station and unload. While the trains are on their way, the controller-signal get adjusted accordingly.
Unfortunately, if I didn't require resources for a longer times and all trains are full, they leave at the same time before their departure get registered.

For my mk2 setup, I'm trying to move the intelligent part to the main station.
The idea is, to poll every outpost, how much resources are available, and send a signal to a specific train if there is enough space inside the main station. The polling-part is done I can get the values from a (nearly) infinite amount of outposts (the limit is the avaible space for combinators and the maximal number for a single wire signal).
But I have problems getting those values together with
- total space available space (per resource)
- resources already present
- delivering size (train wagons)
And finally controlling which train should deliver stuff.

Idea was to count the resources packed into the train at the outposts
once the train is full, it becomes available for delivery
When there is enough space avaible, send a signal to the first avaible train to deliver and "reserve" the space incoming train.
Once a train leaves the mainstation, a reserved space get freed again(since a delivery is complete)
Last edited by nobodx on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Advanced train network (sort of)

Post by nobodx »

This is my current Test-Setup:
https://youtu.be/vgLyHEDpaaM

The bottom left Constant Combinator is controlling the Timer & holds the number of monitored Stations (B= Number of avaible Stations / C= Seconds per Station)
In this Test, the Timer increases the "0"-Signal once per second until were through all (3) Stations, followed by a 1s pause, then starting again.
The bottom right Constant Combinators represents the currently avaible ressources at the outposts (2 iron, 1 copper),each connected to a own Logic Combinator.
The Logic Combinators are set up to pass the ore signal, when the Timer-block sends their number
Depending on Setup, you can either give each out an own, increasing number (1-2-3-4....) or use an increasing number filtered by ressource (Iron:1-2-3-4.... // Copper:1-2-3-4... ) - as long as the outposts sends different items, they should be able to share the same number.

The top left part is the ... lets call it logic... computes the avaible space for each ore inside the (virtual) MainStation... I'll probably need it later.

The top-right part should become the controller, where I'm currently stuck.
The Logic Combinators, one per outpost, pass on the value of its designated outpost on their turn, but currently, im unable to find a way to further manipulate it =/

Return to “Gameplay Help”