"You have been defeated" - WTF??

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

"You have been defeated" - WTF??

Post by Quax »

Hi all, I am amidst a single player game, and out of the sudden I receive this message: "You have been defeated". WTF? Why? How? By whom?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "You have been defeated" - WTF??

Post by steinio »

Do you see the train behind the message window?
It probably hit you.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Hahahahaha .. lol . that actually might be so :-)

Well, time for the next round . I love this game :-)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

You can load an auto save before the accident instead of start from beginning.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Yes I know .. however, I think this was some higher level help for my decision to restart this game anyway. I'm like going through training levels at the moment, and with every new game I get a little further until reaching a state where my factoriy has turned into a logistical mess :-)

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

We need a new verb in the English language to describe exactly that feeling/situation:

You've been Factorio'd

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Now you know that the real enemies in Factorio are the trains :)
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Not going to lie, I'm pretty sure my train deaths vastly outnumber by biter deaths at this point. A little caution and shielding goes a long way with biters. But with trains, a 250km/h unit can cross even a maximum-zoomed screen in a second and lubricate the tracks with your entrails before you can react.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Mehve wrote:Not going to lie, I'm pretty sure my train deaths vastly outnumber by biter deaths at this point. A little caution and shielding goes a long way with biters. But with trains, a 250km/h unit can cross even a maximum-zoomed screen in a second and lubricate the tracks with your entrails before you can react.
you know, enough shields helps even with train. as long, as you notice, that your purple bar is going down :D

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

mexmer wrote:you know, enough shields helps even with train. as long, as you notice, that your purple bar is going down :D
Yeah, it's fine when I'm on biter patrol, because I'll have 4+ shields equipped. But when I'm building, I'm maxing out my movement speed and roboports, so I generally only have one or two shields on, which a big enough and fast enough train can punch through.

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alien_Squasher »

I remember..... I completed all the training things in the demo and then bought the game and stayed up for two days straight...... Well my friend you couldn't have picked a better drug to be addicted to ;) Also, At least with being run over by that train, if you play freeplay you'll get an achievement.... Also trains with.... can't remember.... Deathsplosion? (IDK) makes a HUGE mess..... cause then you respawn and have to pick everything up.....
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

Mehve wrote:
mexmer wrote:you know, enough shields helps even with train. as long, as you notice, that your purple bar is going down :D
Yeah, it's fine when I'm on biter patrol, because I'll have 4+ shields equipped. But when I'm building, I'm maxing out my movement speed and roboports, so I generally only have one or two shields on, which a big enough and fast enough train can punch through.
Shields are better than nothing. But my 'military' suit with 10mk2 shields didn't stop the 2 engine-3 wagon train (Probably near full speed) that killed me yesterday...

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

starholme wrote:
Mehve wrote:
Shields are better than nothing. But my 'military' suit with 10mk2 shields didn't stop the 2 engine-3 wagon train (Probably near full speed) that killed me yesterday...
it will not stop it, but it should drain your shield slow enough, that you can leave the track.
i don't think shields have high enough regeneration rate to counter almost "infinite" train force.

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

mexmer wrote:
starholme wrote:
Mehve wrote:
it will not stop it, but it should drain your shield slow enough, that you can leave the track.
i don't think shields have high enough regeneration rate to counter almost "infinite" train force.
Nope, no slow drain. Just 'splat'. Full shields, full health, running across the track with three exoskeletons, death by train was instant.

Return to “Gameplay Help”