Am I doing this right?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Am I doing this right?

Post by HammerPiano »

The Eriksonn wrote: I think that you are very lucky if you dont have spaghetti base the first time(aka spaghetti is normal for beginners).
I just followed a guide in the internet, put my tongue in the right spot and hoped it will work

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alien_Squasher »

I'm working with Yuoki industries and bobs mods now so I think I got the hang of things. This game is just where you have to figure out everything by experimenting. which I love.
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I played the tutorial and one game on my own, but then I made the mistake of watching a stream so I already knew all the efficient setups.

I'm looking forward to installing Bob's Mods so I can work it out myself ^^
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

bobs mods (i tryd all together) is a big mess.. it makes no fun for me.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

I know the answer to the original topics quest is a bit late, but as long as "it is working" any base is alright.
Though I don't use logistic bots that extensively like you do. Bots are great for huge, short range transportations, but they need time to react to demand, while belts (if you can provide the resources) have the stuff already at the consumer when it is needed and belts act as some kind of buffer/ storage themselves

Fish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fish »

Reminds me of my first base.. also spaghetti
But that's only normal imo, you don't know what to plan for during your first playthrough.
Looking back, my first base looks like shit but I was proud of it and that's the important thing :)

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:I played the tutorial and one game on my own, but then I made the mistake of watching a stream so I already knew all the efficient setups.

I'm looking forward to installing Bob's Mods so I can work it out myself ^^
Oh, DB... I installed Bob's entire collection earlier this week. And yes, I'm back to complete and utter spaghetti again. It started off fine for red science, went a bit downhill for green, but blue science simply messed up my entire factory: I was, like, "ok, so steel and filter inserters on one line... Yeah, no worries... Oh, the inserters need those wooden circuit boards, Hm, need to squeeze a production setup for them in here... then I need... how the hell do I make those? Ohh, they need silicon wafers. Hm, they need silicon plates and... What?? Ferric chloride? How do I... oh, all that's down at the other end of my factory. *sigh*"

At least, now that blue science is up and running, I can now look at building the Mark II factory and laying things out with a little more organisation:-)

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Yeah, I was going to install Bob's Mods after I did some 0.15 runs but it looks like it's a ways off yet =( so if I get bored of League and have some time I might do a Bob's Mods run first.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

The thing to remember, I think, is the inserter research. With that, _any_ inserter can be used to pick up from anywhere up to 3 tiles away and deliver likewise. I actually have one inserter picking up plastic bars from a belt 3 tiles below it and moving them (over an intervening belt) to the near side of a belt directly below it. The various options do help, and you can squeeze together some of the production buildings in interesting configurations because of the cool things that you can do with the inserters :-)

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alien_Squasher »

I just found something out about bob's mods and now I feel like an idiot because..... So to start focus on two things, research and combat, Why? Because when you get assembly machine 6's things get WAY easier and more organized. If you try to mass produce electric circuits for example, you'll find that you need like 5 ingredients in 2 steps for this, so it becomes like making rocket control units for basic circuits. The solution? Get assembly machine 6's. Because these things act like about 30ish assembly machine 3's crammed into one in terms of speed if you put in speed module 8's, and a beacon with speed module 8's. So all you need then is one to three assembly machines per product, and you simply organize all your raw base materials on a main bus with 2 block spacing inbetween each belt which you do a 2 belt grouping, so this allows you to just pull raw materials off your main bus, and instead of having a bunch of assembly machines for basic circuits for example, you have 2 for copper wires/wooden circuit boards depending on whether or not you're using bob's electronics, and then you just produce everything from there. :lol:
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

Return to “Gameplay Help”