I can't get trains to work at all, with a "No path" error

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
strich
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

I can't get trains to work at all, with a "No path" error

Post by strich »

I'm currently playing through the campaign and am stuck on the level where trains are first introduced. The tracks are meant to support a single train going back and forth between two dead-end stops. Once I fix the track and ensure both ends have a automated stop I put the train on and sometimes it'll make its way from one end to the other, but will forever spam a "No path" message once it gets to the other end and attempts to make its way back.
I've tried changing the side of the tracks the automated stop is on. I've tried replacing both in case they were bugged out. Tried placing the train down in various configurations. It simply won't work.

Any suggestions?

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: I can't get trains to work at all, with a "No path" erro

Post by Drury »

The stops should be facing the outer ends and the trains need two engines facing opposite directions.

jhansen858
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jhansen858 »

I have the same issue. However, I cant get the train to move no matter what I do. Just spams no path. I did already try putting dual trains facing opposite directions and putting the stopper next to the engine. I'm going to try and mess with it since OP said he at least got his train to move but this functionality deff needs some work.

strich
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by strich »

Drury wrote:The stops should be facing the outer ends and the trains need two engines facing opposite directions.
Holy crap! Two engines! That would be why! Man, would be great if the game actually taught us that.

Anywho. Thanks mate.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

jhansen858 wrote:I have the same issue. However, I cant get the train to move no matter what I do. Just spams no path. I did already try putting dual trains facing opposite directions and putting the stopper next to the engine. I'm going to try and mess with it since OP said he at least got his train to move but this functionality deff needs some work.
Keep in mind the pathfinder can't find a path if it has to reach the end of a rail and bounce back - it simply won't do it.

That, and stops can only be approached from one way. Thus if you place the stop on the wrong side it won't work because the pathfinder won't bounce to approach the stop from the proper side.

So as I said, place the stops so the arrows point towards the ends of the rail.

jhansen858
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jhansen858 »

Drury wrote:
jhansen858 wrote:I have the same issue. However, I cant get the train to move no matter what I do. Just spams no path. I did already try putting dual trains facing opposite directions and putting the stopper next to the engine. I'm going to try and mess with it since OP said he at least got his train to move but this functionality deff needs some work.
Keep in mind the pathfinder can't find a path if it has to reach the end of a rail and bounce back - it simply won't do it.

That, and stops can only be approached from one way. Thus if you place the stop on the wrong side it won't work because the pathfinder won't bounce to approach the stop from the proper side.

So as I said, place the stops so the arrows point towards the ends of the rail.
Ahh, I was pointing it tward the way I wanted the train to go, but it looks like that was the opposite.

Return to “Gameplay Help”