semaphores

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
H_Sage
Inserter
Inserter

semaphores

Post by H_Sage »

BrainsBurn
Where I must set semaphores?
How its work?

grouchysmurf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: semaphores

Post by grouchysmurf »

Actually, I don't feel like following that link :/

lpw
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lpw »

I would place signals like this. The chains signals make sure, that a train turning from the station and one passing the station don't block each other.
Attachments
Vrwb5BZUYqZjAX.png
Vrwb5BZUYqZjAX.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 2672 times

lingnau
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lingnau »

lpw wrote:I would place signals like this. The chains signals make sure, that a train turning from the station and one passing the station don't block each other.
I would go with the same solution. I can't imagine any other way to make it "better".

Edit: Actually, the Normal signal to the top right (between the two green arrows) is "optional". (Since we don't know what's beyond that point. It could just be a huge straight track in that case you could also place it elsewhere. (But you should of course use the normal signals in regular intervals on straights to allow the same track to be used by multiple trains at a time.
_________
Whatever I said is not legally binding.

H_Sage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by H_Sage »

thx

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

If I'm understanding the purpose of this intersection correctly it would work much better if middle lane that seems to be a mainline would go around the station so that it doesn't cross with trains leaving the station and coming back.
Track would need to pass to the left of station so there would be a need to put ore lines on underground belts to transfer the ore.

Return to “Gameplay Help”