autosave timer?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

autosave timer?

Post by Philip017 »

does anyone know if there is a mod available to give me a timer to let me know when the auto save is about to happen, say 10 sec warning, 5 sec warning, then a count down 3,2,1 - the auto save is very jarring for me and is quite annoying most of the time.

yes i know i can turn it off, and have set it to 10 mins instead of 2, but still is nice to have when i get in a jam

but when my save file has grown to 200mb and it takes 10 seconds to save the file, pausing the game for this is very interruptive to fluid game play imo

it would be nice if i could know it was coming and then i wouldn't be trying to lay down fire on the enemys knowing i was about to get a 10 second pause weather it was convenient or not at the time

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: autosave timer?

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Just here to +1 this (I'm a necromancer by profession, thanks for asking)

At least this, if we cannot get smarter autosave: Don't autosave in *these* case, followed by checkboxes for implemented conditions, like "blueprint in hand", "laying rail path" (I've shift-clicked a rail piece and haven't yet put down the rail ghosts), "selection box is active" (I'm in the process of selecting a rectangle on the map, with deconstructor or blueprint or anything else that uses this)

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: autosave timer?

Post by Philip017 »

After 3k+ hours in the game and almost 2 years still no autosave warning or option or mod, i guess im the only one bothered by the pause to save function of this game.

but it would be really nice to have a save message appear say about 10 seconds before it happens, so you don't go running across a train track or dive into a biter nest then pause and welp there is enough lag to cause the risky maneuver to fail and you die. go back to the last autosave. or the thought you just had and were working on caused the pause to interrupt your thought and then you spend several more seconds tring to figure out what you were just doing.

a friend of mine suggested a use a timer and the programmable speaker to address this, but still would be nice to have it as a default option

Return to “Gameplay Help”