Help with worm clearing and deconstruction.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Stingyray
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Help with worm clearing and deconstruction.

Post by Stingyray »

Hello,

So, I'm relatively new to the game, only 40 hours on my only save. However, I've hit a bit of a wall, the worms...

I'm not sure how to go about destroying the biter bases with worms. I have majority of the weapon upgrades (only missing the rocket launcher upgrades,) all of the laser turret upgrades and power armour mk.1. So, I ask, how do I destroy these bases without dying myself? Foot or buggy does not seem to yield many results, I just end up either dying or inflicting minimal damage since the worms reduce my buggy to nothing in one pass. Help on this one would be much appreciated since I need to expand for I have run out of oil.

The next one is deconstructing. Is there a way to do it so that the logistics robots don't spam everything I own into them as soon as I place the storage chest? Makes my construction robots sad when they don't have anywhere to put the goods.

Thanks for any and all help!

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Help with worm clearing and deconstruction.

Post by slay_mithos »

Worms: robots are your saving grace, along with piercing rounds. Disruptor capsules make the worm target them, leaving you time to bring destruction and the combat ones add to your damage output.

Logistic: if you are using passive provider chests instead of active ones, the logistic bots should not bring everything to the storage chest, leaving the space for the construction bots.
I used to not be solvable before the passive/active provider chests, but it is now working, as far as I could see.

Stingyray
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stingyray »

That worked like a charm on both accounts. Thank you very much!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Stingyray wrote:So, I'm relatively new to the game, only 40 hours on my only save.
What have we done? :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hehe, here someone which play 40 hours, there someone with a savegame of 200...

I was so glad to have a game with >100 hours within 3 month. :cry: :| where do they have all the time from?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

ssilk wrote:I was so glad to have a game with >100 hours within 3 month. :cry: :| where do they have all the time from?
Coffee is liquid time :lol: When i first played Factorio my sleeping time went down from 5 hours to 3 hours for almost a week, and coffee consumption went up a lot :mrgreen: Now i'm back to normal. I guess being single also "helps" with playtime.

On topic: Poison capsules also damage worms. Swing by with your car, drop a few capsules and wait

solardarity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by solardarity »

Hi,

Personally I like to use poison capsules, slowdown capsules and disruptor capsules. I get in my car, then start kiting the biters around and away from the base, I then use slowdown capsules to slow the herd to give me time to swing back by the base, drop disruptor capsules right on top of the spawners and poison capsules on top of the worms. Works pretty well for clearing out biter bases for access to more resources :D

- Solardarity

Return to “Gameplay Help”