New guy needs help.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
solardarity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New guy needs help.

Post by solardarity »

Hi, just bought this game and it really looks interesting but I'm running into a couple of issues..

1. I cannot pick up items off the ground whatsoever.
2. Not even the transport belts are working properly and I don't understand why. Some coal just stopped at a corner and won't go around the bend to where I need it to go.

Any help guys?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New guy needs help.

Post by FishSandwich »

solardarity wrote:Hi, just bought this game and it really looks interesting but I'm running into a couple of issues..

2. Not even the transport belts are working properly and I don't understand why. Some coal just stopped at a corner and won't go around the bend to where I need it to go.

Any help guys?
Hi! You can press the F key to pick up items from the ground. Things like coal, iron/copper plates etc.

Things that need to be placed down like inserters, mining drills etc can be picked up by mousing over them and holding the left mouse button.

To fix your coal being stuck, just pick it up with the F key should fix it. :)

solardarity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by solardarity »

FishSandwich wrote:
solardarity wrote:Hi, just bought this game and it really looks interesting but I'm running into a couple of issues..

Any help guys?
Hi! You can press the F key to pick up items from the ground. Things like coal, iron/copper plates etc.

Things that need to be placed down like inserters, mining drills etc can be picked up by mousing over them and holding the left mouse button.

To fix your coal being stuck, just pick it up with the F key should fix it. :)

Hi, thanks for the response!

Yeah, I scowered the controls screen but obviously missed that F key about a million times.

I've got into the game now and made a lot of progress.

Thanks for the help,

- Solardarity

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I set the F-key to one of my 5 mouse buttons... But not everyone has so many.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mr Factory
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mr Factory »

hey i know this is something different but i cant figure out how to post my own question,
so im trying to get a set up going where assembling machines make all my science packs for me and it worked for a little bit but then the inserters just started refusing to move cogs between different machines and i even tried putting a chest between them to see if they would move it between chest and machine but they all just wont move any and its really frustrating because it was working any ideas?

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Mr Factory wrote:hey i know this is something different but i cant figure out how to post my own question,
so im trying to get a set up going where assembling machines make all my science packs for me and it worked for a little bit but then the inserters just started refusing to move cogs between different machines and i even tried putting a chest between them to see if they would move it between chest and machine but they all just wont move any and its really frustrating because it was working any ideas?
Do you take out the siencepacks out of the assembler? If you dont, then the internal storage is full and the assembler do not reqest new material.

Maybe you can post a picture of your setup?

Return to “Gameplay Help”