Accumulator animation

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Accumulator animation

Post by Biscuits »

Hey there!

I downloaded several save games from different players to inspire myself, and noticed something odd.

In all my save games, the accumulator charge and discharge animation looks quite choppy (game runs at 60fps). I thought it was supposed to look that way.

But in some save games I try out from other players (not all), the charge/discharge animation looks very fluid, like 60fps should.

How come? And how can I make the accumulators in my save game display that smooth animation as well, without breaking achievements using mods or console commands?

It's not a biggie, but maybe someone understands why it happens and how to fix it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

zebediah49
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Accumulator animation

Post by zebediah49 »

Just checking -- is your accumulator loading and charging itself choppy or smooth?

Try an experiment where you have, say, a solar panel, accumulator, and light on a separate network (one unconnected power pole). It should smoothly charge during the day and smoothly discharge at night.

The only times I've seen accumulators awkwardly and choppily flashing was when I had a factory rapidly alternating between net positive and negative, so the accumulators were rapidly switching modes.

Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biscuits »

Thanks for your reply and idea.

They're charging/discharging smoothly all the way from empty to full and the other way around, it's just the animation that looks like 10 fps.

I deleted all my existing accumulators and built a quick test setup with one seperated accumulator being fed by solar panels and one by steam. Same thing, both display a choppy animation.

Could it be because my map was generated in an older version (12.29, visible when trying to replay) of Factorio than some of the save games I tried out? Silly me, I deleted most of those save games, but should've kept them to compare map version numbers. However, I don't think that entity animations are tied to map version, but who knows.

EDIT: nope, that's not it either. One of the save games kept is also from 12.29, but displays a smooth animation.

I should start a new world just to test this on a fresh map, but I'm too lazy to do all that research again. Besides, it won't help my 400+ hours save game, even if it works.

Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leosmellsgood »

I have the same problem. Accumulator animation is like 10fps. My map is really old also and it was a huge megabase but now I've removed it all and building it back up and ran into this problem.

Return to “Gameplay Help”